The Likely Lads; The Re-make

Mad Eyed Screamer

Yeah. Last thing i'm gonna do is check the team and if he's not in then i'm not arsed and will be stopping at the first pub i see.
So if Foden is not playing you will watch it in a pub but if he is playing you will do you best to ignore the game and drive home to watch it delayed? Why not just also watch it in the pub if he is playing?

hammocity

Today i'm gonna attempt to relive the famous 'don't tell me the score' episode.
I have to drive from Southport back to Manc at 2pm after visiting in-laws. Radio will be off, phone will be ignored and i will shut my eyes as i cruise past any pubs. The vcr is already set and the neighbours looking after the mutt are under a vow of silence. TV channel is turned onto pbs so when i turn it on the result isn't being blurted out.
Doing this in the hope of seeing Fodens first England hat-trick 'live'.
Many years ago a local pub decided to record boxing the Lennox Lewis v Evander Holyfield bout from Las Vegas which was due on Sky around 4am. The pub advertised a breakfast and the boxing rerun at around 9am and got a good number of takers. Some of the lads turned up early to make sure they got good seats, someone who must have had a grudge pinned a big sheet of paper to the pub front door with the following:

"Lewis won on points"

Completely ruined the morning

lonestay

Back in my yoof i was still living with parents and had avoided a score all evening while out, had the vcr set up to record the game so could watch when got back in.
Dad watched the game live and when i arrived home said immediately it was a good game and worth watching but dont expect to see any goals !!!! when i said Thanks dad for telling me the result it took a full minute for him to realise what he had said !! I never did watch the game .

burning blue soul

sun, sand, sea....thats right, im at rhyl sun ctr
Many years ago a local pub decided to record boxing the Lennox Lewis v Evander Holyfield bout from Las Vegas which was due on Sky around 4am. The pub advertised a breakfast and the boxing rerun at around 9am and got a good number of takers. Some of the lads turned up early to make sure they got good seats, someone who must have had a grudge pinned a big sheet of paper to the pub front door with the following:

"Lewis won on points"

Completely ruined the morning
Lol!! Some people just want to watch the world burn!!

stonerblue

So if Foden is not playing you will watch it in a pub but if he is playing you will do you best to ignore the game and drive home to watch it delayed? Why not just also watch it in the pub if he is playing?
No mad, I would go to a fancy pub garden and not be that arsed about the footy.
Plus I can only have 1 pint cos driving.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.